This came out a little while ago from PS Publishing but I've only just received my author copy. It's a fine-looking book, and published to celebrate 50 years of Ramsey Campbell's fiction being published. And here's to another few decades of the same!
Ramsey's work has always been a huge inspiration to me, and everything I write carries his influence. he's my favourite writer. His work has always shaded how I see the world.
My story "There, There" combines my personal experiences of house-sharing in London with the influence of Ramsey's short tales upon my own work. I didn't try to ape his prose or literary ticks - I'm not capable of doing so without the result being weak and hollow. Instead, I just sat down and thought about the man's work, how it influences my own writing, and tried to tell my own story but with Ramsey Campbell in mind.
I hope you enjoy the result.
Here's the table of contents:
- Introduction: Hymns from the Church in High Street by Scott David Aniolowski
- Holoow by Michael Wehunt
- The Long Fade into Evening by Steve Rasnic Tem
- Asking Price by S.P. Miskowski
- Author! Author? by John Llewellyn Probert
- Meriwether by Michael Griffin
- The Entertainment Arrives by Alison Littlewood
- Premeditation by Marc Laidlaw
- A Perfect Replica by Damien Angelica Walters
- There, There by Gary McMahon
- We Pass from View by Matthew M. Bartlett
- Meeting the Master by Gary Fry
- Saints in Gold by Kristi DeMeester
- This Last Night in Sodom by Cody Goodfellow
- The Whither by Kaaron Warren
- Uncanny Valley by Jeffrey Thomas
- The Dublin Horror by Lynda E. Rucker
- The Sixth Floor by Thana Niveau
- The Carcass of the Lion by Christopher Slatsky
- The Granfalloon by Orrin Grey
- Little Black Lamb by Adam L G Nevill